THE SAFE HAVEN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SAFE HAVEN IS A FORUM , TO HELP CHILDREN AND ADULTS WITH ADHD , ADD ODD AUTIUSM SPECTRUM AND MORE MORE SO PLEASE COME AND JOIN US AND SUPPORT US

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» dyspraxia anyone
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:06 am by rae1976

» looking for help, answers, advice, support or anything ??????
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 am by rae1976

» New Friend
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 pm by Valley

» MARCH ALREADY
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:27 am by mississippi

» daily register
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am by anth

» 1 award top 100
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm by DanniG

» SEN tribunal
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 4:09 pm by Tigger

» New to the group
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:48 pm by DanniG

» matesw for june
hello, my name is Jackie EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:51 pm by tina

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

hello, my name is Jackie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tigger

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-30

hello, my name is Jackie Empty
PostSubject: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi, my names is Jackie and I have a three year old son -Joshua. Joshua is our only child an IVF miracle and I couldn't be more proud of him. He was born tongue-tied so we thought the speech delay was down to this. Joshua was diagnosed autistic December 17th 2008 so it is all very new to us.

Joshua always seemed very forward upto about two years old. He was threading shoelaces for hours on end when he was about nine months old etc We never thought there was a problem but people kept commenting. When he reached two he was still not talking and making no attempt to. We put it down to the tongue-tied and thought once he had the op to snip it his speech would soon come. The health visitor referred him to speech theropy.

We moved about 40 miles away and so Joshua was transferred to a new unit. He went through the speech assessment (eight weeks) and they referred him to a paediatrician. After over a year of assessments, appointments etc we finally got our diagnosis just over a month ago.

Joshua managed half a term (4.5 hours a week) at a normal nursery before he had to be moved to an enhanced nursery. After just 4 sessions it was decided that Joshua needs a lot more support so he finished the rest of the term and was transferred over to Leapfrog (special needs) in January. They said he needs the structure and routine.
My husband and I have been attending Earlybird Monday will be our third session.

We are currently waiting for the decision for Joshua's SEN but it looks like it will be suggested he needs to go to a special school. We want him deferred for a year due to his birthday being in July so he will be four for about 5 weeks when he starts school. We want the extra year to give him a chance of catching up.
Anyway, that is us. Looking forward to making lots of friends on here and thank yu for having a support site for autism.

Jackie cat
Back to top Go down
suzy

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm

WELCOME HUN, NICE TO MEET U IM SUZY XXXX
Back to top Go down
Jacqueline

Number of posts : 117
Awards : hello, my name is Jackie Th100
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi - nice to find someone else that has an only child and thought they were normal! Mine's called Joshua too - he's got ADHD and was 4 and 6 weeks when he started school so been there!!! Once you find the right place for him things will get easier.

Jacqueline x
Smile
Back to top Go down
tina
administrator
administrator

Number of posts : 248
Awards : hello, my name is Jackie Th100hello, my name is Jackie Th200
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 1:29 am

hi jackie iim tina site admin i put this forum together for safehaven welcome on site anything you need just let us know all the mums that help run safehaven are mums of special needs children and are lovely warm and very kind xx
Back to top Go down
http://theladieslounge.forumotion.net
anth
administrator
administrator
anth

Number of posts : 521
Awards : hello, my name is Jackie Th100hello, my name is Jackie Th200hello, my name is Jackie Th300hello, my name is Jackie Th400

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 3:42 pm

hi jackie , i,m the site owner ,
welcome and hello ,
any problems feel free to ask ,
sorry hadn,t ben about had no internet for 5 days xxxx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tigger

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi everyone
Just wanted to say thank you to Suzy, Jacqueline, Tina and Anth for making me feel so welcome.
Joshua and I go to a support group and they were doing a baby massage demo today. Joshua became the guinea pig and absolutely loved it -massive grin on his face and lots of women going 'aaaaaaaaaaah' and 'he is so cute'!!! Will definitely try it at home.
Anyway just wanted to say thank you

Jackie
Back to top Go down
anth
administrator
administrator
anth

Number of posts : 521
Awards : hello, my name is Jackie Th100hello, my name is Jackie Th200hello, my name is Jackie Th300hello, my name is Jackie Th400

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:42 pm

no thanks was needed ,

glad u enjoy the site , and we are here to help ,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello, my name is Jackie   hello, my name is Jackie Empty

Back to top Go down

hello, my name is Jackie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE SAFE HAVEN :: welcome to the safehaven :: introductions-
Jump to: